December 27, 2010

CHURROS CITY

Posted by Mia at 7:48 AM


One time, I was strollin’ down the mall and I was intrigued with a tarpaulin that said: “Churros City Coming Soon”. Then I tried to imagine what that “churros city” might look like. I thought it was a restaurant, but I kinda have that thought that churros is some kind of a cookie or a pastry that is usually eaten with a “tsokolate” (pure cocoa drink). It was just an idea, though! Truth is, I haven’t even tried eating a single churros my entire life! Hahaha..
A week after I saw that tarp at the mall, the big day arrived!! I was at the same mall again during the opening of “churros city”. It was then when I found out that the “city” is just a little cart that occupies around 2-3 square meters of space at the mall!! Isn’t it ironic?! A city that’s only three square meters big!! Haha.. I was tempted to try their churros, just for an experience. I bought one serving for myself—around six pieces of churros with a dip. At first, I thought it was a ribbon-shaped cookie. But as I took my first churros, I realized that it was soft like little doughnuts. And when I took my first bite?! POP!! A light bulb blinked open on my mind!! Churros are nothing less than a: “Pina-sosyal na Shakoy (a fried dough)!” I know this is some kind of insulting for churros fan, but I'm just being honest with what I felt the first time I ate those munchies!! I'm not saying, though, that churros don’t taste great!! It’s just that it resembles a local pastry that’s much cheaper that those which are called “churros”.
I enjoyed the time chewing the churros because of its chewy and gooey texture! And the chocolate dip that comes with it adds a taste that makes one happier in eating it!  And I'm pretty sure that it wouldn’t be the last time I'm eating it because there are still lots of flavours that I need to try!! Their churros are great when matched with their frappes!! But I prefer to pair it with a hot chocolate. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life After Hours Copyright © 2010 Powered by Blogger