November 15, 2010

BIRTHDAY GIFT

Posted by Mia at 7:50 AM


For two weeks now, I have been trying to look for three things that I wanted to have this month. One, I wanted a pair of gladiator sandals. I didn’t wish for the expensive ones. The one with the decent style will do. And two, a bouquet of roses which is also, the not so expensive ones. I just wanted to know how it feels holding a REAL bouquet of flowers. And to complete my birthday wish list, a slice of red ribbon black forest cake which makes me salivate every time I stare at its picture. Those are the things that I wished to have on my birthday. And as much as I wanted to have all of them, due to financial constraints, I can’t have them all. If I wanted to buy them all, I need to have around three thousand pesos; and unfortunately, I don’t have such amount in my pocket, or my parents. It’s quite sad but it’s one of the realities in life that I have to accept.

On the day of my birthday, I was lucky enough to receive a gift from my mom. And fortunately, it was one of the three things that I longed to have—the gladiator sandals. She brought me to the department store in one of the malls here in our place and she asked me to choose the one that I liked. I strolled around each shoe stand to find the sandals that would fit my preference and my budget. I had in mind the design that I liked and the price should not be more than eight hundred pesos.

As I looked at each of the gladiator sandals, my eyes spotted a pair of gladiator sandals that perfectly matched the design that was on my mind. It was beige in colour, made in a velvet material and it was a boots-high sandals. “It was perfect”, I thought. But then when I picked it up and tried to see its price tag, it was worth a whopping One Thousand One Hundred Ninety-Nine pesos (P1,199)! For me, it was a no-no! But when my mom saw me holding it, she said if I liked it. I said “yes” but I discouraged her with the price. She asked me if I can wear it for my review classes and I answered “yes” again. And then she told me, “If you could use it every time, then it’s worth the price”. I really can’t believe that she bought those for me. It was the only thing that made me happy that night and it’s one of the things that I am thankful for.

Up to now, I still kept on thinking about the other things that I wished for. But still, I think, it’s not the things that could’ve made my birthday complete. It’s the people that I wanted to be there. And they know who they are. I just wish that next year’s birthday is going to be a “BANG!!!”. I wish would get the bouquet, the cake and be with the people I wanted to celebrate with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Life After Hours Copyright © 2010 Powered by Blogger